When it comes to summer grilling, few dishes can match the irresistible flavors of grilled barbecue chicken. The combination of tender, juicy chicken with the smoky and tangy notes of barbecue sauce creates a mouthwatering experience that is hard to resist. In this blog, we will share a delectable grilled barbecue chicken recipe that will have you savoring every bite. Fire up your grill, prepare to taste the flame, and dive into this flavorful culinary adventure.
Grilled Barbecue Chicken Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 2 hours or overnight Grilling Time: 20-25 minutes.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters (or your preferred chicken pieces)
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the grill to a temperature of between 375 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit (190-200 degrees Celsius).
- Making the marinade Combine the barbecue sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the chicken leg segments in a sizable, sealable plastic bag or a shallow dish to marinate. To ensure the chicken is well covered, pour the marinade over it. To allow the flavours to blend in the meat, tightly close the bag or cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- If using a gas grill, switch off the burners on one side and leave the other on medium-high heat to prepare the grill for indirect grilling.
- Pull out the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess marinade. Place the chicken, skin side down, on the indirect heat side of the grill. Close the lid and grill for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and liberally coat the skin side with more barbecue sauce. Once the chicken has internal heat of 165°F (74°C) and there is crispy and caramelized skin, cover the grill and let it run for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- After taking the chicken off the grill, give it some time to rest. If preferred, garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. Enjoy the luscious flavors of the grilled barbecue chicken while serving hot.
- For a smokier flavor, consider adding a handful of soaked wood chips or using a smoker box on your grill.
- If using boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, adjust the grilling time accordingly to ensure they are cooked through without drying out.
Grilled barbecue chicken is a true delight for the taste buds, offering a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, and savory flavors. This recipe allows you to savor the flame and experience the juicy tenderness of chicken infused with the mouthwatering taste of barbecue sauce. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or simply enjoying a delicious meal with your loved ones, this grilled barbecue chicken recipe is sure to impress.
Q: Can I use a different type of barbecue sauce for this recipe?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite barbecue sauce or experiment with different flavors to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer a sweet and tangy sauce or a spicier option, choose one that complements your desired flavor profile.
Q: Can I grill the chicken without the skin?
A: You can grill bone-in, skinless chicken pieces using the same recipe. However, keep in mind that the skin adds extra flavor and helps retain moisture, resulting in juicier chicken. If you prefer skinless chicken, take care not to overcook it to prevent drying out.
Q: Can I cook this recipe in the oven instead of on the grill?
A: While grilling imparts a unique smoky flavor, you can still enjoy delicious barbecue chicken using the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), place the marinated chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, and let the chicken have an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Q: Can I make this recipe using boneless chicken?
A: Absolutely! The recipe can be adapted for boneless chicken pieces such as chicken breasts or thighs. Adjust the grilling time accordingly to ensure the chicken is cooked through without drying out. It’s essential to monitor the internal temperature to ensure it reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.